As initially planned as a family vacation or rest house, I thank De Veyra family for they opened their resting cove to public on June 2017. I was awestruck of the “bamboo dome” I’ve seen on the internet as this sanctuary starting to get attention not just to the locals but to tourists as well. A famous architect, Achitect Viacrusis, designed this lofty dome. He was also one of the contributors to the blueprint of the city’s own People’s Park. The two (bamboo dome and durian dome) has resemblance to each other as you can notice. As I was enticed, I made time to have at least a day to spend when I went to my hometown for the holidays. It’s just few kilometers from our house, btw. 🙂
Davao Bamboo Sanctuary and Ecological Park is located in Malagos, Baguio Dist., the home of our prominent Philippine Eagle. The Sanctuary is also within the conserved area of Davao. When you are a fan of nature trips, this Sanctuary is specially designed for you.
What To Do/See
1. Garden dome. A huge area where you can appreciate different flora species. It can also host parties, family/friends’ gatherings, even weddings as it has a capacity of 500 persons. You can also have your pre-nup shoots taken here.
2. Swimming pool. Few walk outside the dome lies the refreshing pool that comes from a free-flowing natural spring. The water is indeed alluring and everyone is encouraged to be more hygienic (as we should be) since the water is not mixed with chlorine. It’s properly maintained so visitors should also do their part in looking after the cleanliness of the Sanctuary.
3. Kayaking. A boating activity where you can row your own kayak — unlimitedly. There’s also a special boat used for romantic pre-nuptial shots.
4. Archery. One of the fun-filled activities that is included in the day tour rate. It’s unlimited and safe as they use foam instead of sharp arrows.
5. Garden. You can find pleasure looking at their gardens near the pool, above the kayaking area, and inside the dome. My mother’s eyes were full. ❤
6. ATV and others. You can inquire for their availability as they have separate rates and excluded from the entrance fee.
How To Get There
A.) From Davao City Downtown.
- Ride the L300 units in any terminals in Bankerohan bound for Calinan.
- Tell the L300 driver to drop you off at Rose Bakeshop near Isaguerre Clinic. (Fare: Php40. from Bankerohan to Calinan)
- From Rose Bakeshop, the Sanctuary’s own service will take you directly to their resort. Please tell your contact person from the Sanctuary that you want to avail their shuttle service during reservation. (Fare is Php50 one-way which will be paid directly at the reception; Php150 fixed rate if below 4 pax.)
B.) From Malagos.
- Get off at “Banga Pinoy”. It’s about 2 kilometers from Phil. Eagle Center.
- You can also request the Sanctuary’s shuttle service to pick you up at Banga Pinoy instead from Calinan. (Fare is Php15 one-way.)
You can also take your private cars with you if you want to. However, the road along the way gets very steep and difficult if you’re not used in driving such kind of road course.
Rates/ Prices ***
- Day tour (Mondays to Sundays).
- Time: 8AM-6PM.
- Entrance fee: Adult- Php250.; Kids (4 to 10 yo) – Php150.
- Inclusions: Spring pool use, Kayaking, Archery, Tables and chairs.
- Day tour (weekend package – OPTIONAL).
- Time: 8AM-6PM.
- Entrance fee: Adult- Php650.; Kids (4 to 10 yo) – Php450.
- Inclusions: DBS Lunch Feast, Spring pool use, Kayaking, Archery, Tables and chairs.
- Cottage rates:
- Gazebo area- Php500/day. *25 pax capacity*
- Cavana area- Php250/day. *15 pax capacity*
- Tent area- FREE. *60 pax capacity*
***Prices and rates may change without prior notice.
What You NEED to Note:
- Entry needs prior reservation. The Sanctuary needs the number of pax and date of arrival. They only accept walk-in guests if tables and chairs are still available.
- No bringing of food (any kind). Solo menu and ala carte are available at their resto; chips and drinks are available also at their Food Shop.
- Bring proper swimming attire.
- You can also spend overnight if you have extra bucks to spend. There are rooms availables for couples, families and even dormitory room for barkada’s outing.
- If this blog can’t provide the answers for whatever you have in mind, please communicate your inquiries further to their sites. You can contact them at:
- Facebook page/messenger. Davao Bamboo Sanctuary and Ecological Park
- Contact Number. 09755139805
Enjoy and have fun! 🙂